"No man can become rich without himself enriching others"
Andrew Carnegie



Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Myners: Not aware of talks on Libor

Paul Myners, Baron Myners
Paul Myners, Baron Myners (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The former City minister, Lord Myners, has denied he or his Treasury colleagues put any pressure on the Bank of England over the setting of the Libor rate.
The chief executive of Barclays, Bob Diamond, claims that the Deputy Governor of the Bank of England, Paul Tucker, had flagged concerns from senior figures in Whitehall over why Barclays was always towards the top end of Libor pricing.
Lord Myners told the BBC's Today programme he was "not aware" of any Whitehall figures raising the issue with the Bank of England.
"I'm not falling into the class of people who have no recollection," he said.
"I can say quite categorically I didn't speak to Paul Tucker or anybody at the Bank of England about the Libor rate-setting process.
"I can also say with a high degree of confidence that I don't think any of my colleagues in the Treasury under the leadership of Alistair Darling would have done so either." ... Continue to read.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment